Ask the Expert
In general, an expectation or hypothesis is based on previous information, often times found in the vast literature available on any given topic. It is important to examine the information given you and draw inferences about what that information implies for the data at hand.
The information we have is as follows:
Mothers in Belize tend to keep their children very close to their bodies while mothers in Samoa tend to let their children roam and explore. How would you test a hypothesis using our data?
Some important questions to ask yourself here are?
- 1. What does the statement say about Belize?
- 2. What does it say about Samoa?
- 3. What does it say about the differences between Samoa and Belize?
- Take me back to the full statement and my options
- Please tell me the answer (note: if you ask for the answer you will have to answer several more questions, use this as a last resort)