Data Sets for Small Projects
- DASL - Data and Story Library
- DASL (pronounced "dazzle") is an online library of data files and stories
that illustrate the use of basic statistics methods. The authors provide data
from a wide variety of topics so that statistics teachers can find real-world
examples that will be interesting to their students.
- OzDASL - Australasian Data and
- A collection of datasets and related stories, primarily
set within an Australasian context. Datasets are
organized by statistical method and complexity.
StatLib JASA Data Archive
- Contains contributed datasets from articles published in
the Journal of the American Statistical Association.
JSE Data Archive
- Features datasets for general learning as well as those
associated with articles in
the Journal of Statistics Education.
Chance Data Sets
- Contains links to data on topics such as baseball salaries and
the stock market.
- Data sets Archive, includes data sets from books
- Time Series Data Sets from Quandl
- Over 3 million time series datasets with statistical, financial, and economic data tailored
for researchers, and especially students.
Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
- Large and small data sets, many archived from government funded research in psychology,
health, history, sociology, education, and other fields. Challenging to access?
- - See the
WISE Quick Guide on
downloading ICPSR data in SPSS format
Government and International Data
- This page has links to Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics,
Department of Education, Bureau of Justice statistics, FBI, CIA, NIDA,
OECD, UN, WHO, etc. It is challenging to navigate some of these sites
to find data appropriate for class projects, but you can find an amazing
amount of information freely available.
Last updated: September 25, 2011