Government and International Data
U.S. Governmental Data and Statistics
- U.S. Census
- U.S. Census Bureau home page. Statistical Abstracts of the
United States that contain frequently requested statistical tables
on expenditures, employment, salary, births, deaths, and other
census-based general data on the U.S. population.
- Census State
- State-by-State listing of data centers, indices of publications,
and access to census data.
S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- Statistics on occupational injuries and illness rates and violence in the workplace.
- U. S.
Department of Education (ED)
- Statistical tables, charts, and studies related to education,
including adult literacy education and inmate education.
- Bureau of Justice
- A number of data sets concerning crime and the justice system.
- Federal Bureau of
- Crime data from the annual Uniform Crime Report (UCR);
status of FBI investigations, and a list of the 10 most
- Federal Data
- Data from over 100 agencies can be found here
- National Archive of Criminal
Justice Data (NACJD)
- Datasets available from archived crime and justice data
collection series and research studies from the U.S. Department of
Justices' Bureau of Justice Statistics, Office of Juvenile Justice
and Delinquency Prevention, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and
Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Statistics on drug abuse and addiction, and facts about the use
and prevalence of marijuana, cocaine, and heroin. A compilation of
data on drug abuse by 8th, 10th, and12th graders nationwide,
covering issues such as the nature and extent of drug abuse,
HIV/AIDS, and addiction and abuse research.
International Data and Statistics
- Data in Gapminder World
- Over 500 data sets, most focusing on health and economic issues of time.
The data can be downloaded into Excel or into the Gapminder software to display
dynamic changes over time.
- United Nations
Crime and Justice Information Network (UNCJIN)
- International statistics and research sources, including the
World Crime Survey, links to data collections and libraries, and
data concerning families with an incarcerated member.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development -
many data sets on member nations and selected nonmember nations
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- The CIA has assembled descriptive information on most countries in the world.
- A searchable data base of statistics about Finland and news
World Health Organization Mortality Database
- Data concerning mortality around the world.
Social Science Data Archive
- An archive of European social science data.
Last updated: September 25, 2011